Over the next few Tuesdays (starting Nov. 19), WAWOS will recognize 5 nonprofits that encourage children with neuromuscular delays to get active, and will award them directed gifts of $2500 each -- and on Giving Tuesday (Dec. 3), we'll announce 10! That's a total of 20 organizations and $50,000.
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU
Tell us about the work an organization in your community is doing to engage children with physical differences to try new adventures and move their bodies.
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS
- Nominate the nonprofit with a video submission on Instagram or Facebook.
- Tell us about the work the organization is doing to promote recreational opportunities for children with neuromuscular delays.
- Tag @WAWOSORG and use the hashtag #WAWOSWISHES
- Organizations must have 501(c)(3) status for a minimum of 2 years, operate in the United States, and provide recreational opportunities to children with neuromuscular delays.
- Directed grant recipients will be announced each Tuesday at noon PST through Giving Tuesday, and your video submissions will be considered.
“My daughter has been skiing since she was 5 years old because there are organizations providing adaptive equipment for kids with neuromuscular delays,” recalls WAWOS Founder, Jacquie Robison. “There are so many nonprofits working hard to make recreational experiences a reality to otherly-abled children -- and some of them are working on a shoestring budget”, Robison continued. “We created WAWOS Wishes to support these NGOs so more families can have greater access to these experiences.” .